Common Mistakes Made in Buying an Upstate NY Home
Common mistakes made...
The average homebuyer believes they know what is needed and desired in locating a good home that they like. In addition, they like to “outwit” the seller when it comes to negotiating the purchase price. The most common mistakes the typical buyer makes are:
1. Viewing all homes, including ones out of their price range.
2. Having an incomplete understanding of all available financing choices.
3. Not completely understanding the art of negotiating.
4. Misunderstanding the actual value of specific home amenities.
5. Using inspectors who are not very respectable.
6. Not requesting all of the appropriate inspections.
7. Not considering all aspects of the new home, such as the location of schools and other services.
8. Believing that “bigger is better” and deciding to buy the largest-or most costly-home in a neighborhood.
9. Paying exorbitant fees and rates.
Our agents at Century 21 Chesser Realty work hard with their buyers serving all their real estate needs. We have offices in Otsego (Oneonta, NY) and Counties (Delhi, NY)
If you would like to know how to take better advantage of this information we have given you, please feel free call our Oneonta, NY office at 607-432-7653 or our Delhi office at 607-746-7653.